Residential Treatment Youth Center
Shamar Hope Haven Residential Treatment Center is licensed by: the Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services as a Clinical Training Institution.
Total Capacity: 22
Shamar Hope Haven Residential Treatment Center accepts referrals for boys aged 10-17. The acceptance of an applicant is based on the assessment of the multi-disciplinary team. Placement decisions are made following an assessment of the child's psychological evaluation, social history, medical history, and any other relevant information. At the request of the multi-disciplinary team, sometimes a pre-admission screening interview may be required to determine appropriate treatment needs.
Shamar Hope Haven Residential Treatment Center "Where Everybody is Somebody"
Shamar Hope Haven Provides Comprehensive Services
- A Highly Structured Therapeutic Community Environment
- Bio-Psycho-Social and Educational Assessment
- Case Management with M.D. consultant
- Family Services-Education, Support, and Multi-Family Groups
- Education to Manage Medication for Co-Occurring Disorders
- Accredited School-On-Site
- Special Topic Groups-Abuse, Gender, Cultural
- Community Services
- Community Involvement Activities and Projects
- Medical-Psychiatric-Dental-Optical Services
- Transitional Living Education and Vocational Assistance
- Aftercare and Alumni Groups and Support
- Referral Services for Youth and Family Members
- Networking and Collaborative Activities with Other Agencies
- Youth Specific Trained, Experienced and Credentialed, Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Team